We are delighted to have been awarded funding from the Community Foundation for Surrey to expand our Positive Mind HIV peer support programme into the area. The programme for people living with HIV in Surrey is designed to build confidence, resilience, greater independence and reduce social isolation.
- sharing HIV stories, and looking at ways to cope with talking about HIV
- using mindfulness as a technique to improve emotional health
- using grounding, detaching, emotional resilience, self-management, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- sharing stories around sexual health and wellbeing
- information and advice around accessing further services
The programme was developed and initially provided with great success in Essex and South London. We have adapted the programme for online delivery and will be starting the first course shortly.