About this service
We have a fortnightly social group for trans and non-binary young people and those who are questioning their gender.
It's a safe space for you to talk about what's on your mind. Transcend is also a fun and relaxed space to socialise with other trans and gender diverse people. We meet on Zoom every other week from 6:00pm - 8:00pm. Even if you’re not sure of your gender yet, you are very welcome to join.
COVID-19 UPDATE: This group continues to meet online.
Who can use this service
You need to be trans or non-binary or questioning your gender, aged 24 or under and live in or near London.
Why people use this service
- Play games
- Talk about your life
- Listen to specialist speakers
- Take part in workshops
- Go on trips
- Discuss issues facing the trans, non-binary, and gender diverse communities
How we can help
- Get help from the group to explore and understand your gender identity
- Develop self confidence
- Discuss topics including bullying, feeling safe, life at home, education and work
- Get support and information about coming out to your family and friends, and medical and social transition
Get in touch
Email [email protected] or call 020 8305 5004. You can refer yourself or be referred by someone who works with you (like a youth worker or teacher). You should let us know that you are interested in Transcend and tell us your name, contact details, and which borough you live in - we can help you with this if you are not sure.
We'll get back to you in 7 days. We'll arrange a quick chat to find out more about you and how we can help. After you're signed up, you'll get a series of five sessions, once every other week. We can also refer you for support with sexual health, housing or homelessness, sexual violence, domestic abuse, counselling and advocacy.Email us