About this service
METRO Spark is a group for lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, non-binary, queer and questioning young people in Southwark. We meet every Wednesday from 6-8pm.
It's a safe space to meet other LGBTQ young people, get support and have fun. We usually have snacks and hang out together. Sometimes we talk about identity, relationships and wellbeing. We have themed sessions on topics like mental health, hate crime and alcohol. We go to the cinema, Pride in London and UK Black Pride. We also organise the LGBTQ Youth Summit in Southwark.
Who can use this service
You need to be aged between 13 and 25 and live in Southwark. You also need to identify as LGBTQ or be questioning your sexuality or gender identity. All our youth groups are free and confidential.
Why people use this service
- I want a safe space where I can be myself
- I don't know anyone else who is LGBTQ
- I haven't come out yet
- I'm not sure how to identify
- I feel alone at home or at school
How we can help
- Meet new people who are LGBTQ
- Trips to the cinema, theatre, picnics, ice skating and Pride
- Talk to someone about how you feel
- Explore your identity, gender and sexuality
- Get advice and support about coming out
Join this group
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8305 5004. You can refer yourself or be referred by someone who works with you (like a teacher or youth worker).
We'll get back to you in 2-3 days. We'll arrange a quick chat to find out more about you and how we can help. After you're signed up, you can drop into any session. You don't have to come every week if you don't want to.Email us