About this service
Spark is a youth group in Southwark for LGBTQIA+ young people aged 13-19, and up to 25 with SEND.
We welcome all those on the spectrum as well as anyone who is questioning or exploring their identity.
Who can use this service
You need to live in Southwark or able to travel, and be LGBTQIA+ or questioning your gender or sexual orientation.
Why people use this service
- To meet other queer young people
- Have fun in a safe and affirming space
- Engage in creative projects and workshops
- Learn about LGBTQIA+ identities, history and culture
- Go on free trips to the theatre, galleries, museums, Pride events and more
- Attend our annual Southwark LGBTQIA+ Youth Summit
- Gain experience as part of METRO Youth to plan events including the Winter Ball, Summit and Youth Pride
How we can help
- Get help to understand your identity and share experiences of coming out
- Discuss topics including bullying, feeling safe, life at home, education and work
- Get free and confidential support and information
- Have one-to-one check-ins with LGBTQIA+ identified youth workers or be referred for free counselling at METRO
Join this group
Email [email protected] or call 020 8305 5004. You can refer yourself or be referred by someone who works with you (like a youth worker or teacher).
We'll get back to you in 2-3 days. We'll arrange a quick chat to find out more about you and how we can help. After you're signed up, you can drop into any session. You don't have to come every week if you don't want to.Email us