Workshops for people living with HIV who want a new perspective on life
Are you feeling low, stuck, blocked or stressed out? Join our workshops for people living with HIV. We meet every Wednesday in Vauxhall for six weeks from 3 October 2018.
It's a great opportunity to improve your emotional and physical health by exercising your mind and creating a positive flow of thoughts.
Why should you join?
Our workshops are run by HIV and psychological support specialists. The course is a safe, supportive and confidential space to explore issues in your life.
We use an integrative mix of mindfulness, grounding, detaching, emotional resilience, self-management, ACT and CBT. This approach helps improve your self-esteem and can give you new skills to cope with risk-taking, disclosure and stigma.
How to sign up
These workshops are for:
- People who would like a new perspective on life beyond HIV
- People struggling with their HIV diagnosis
- People who are waiting to be seen by IAPT one to one services or other talking therapies
Spaces are limited. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register for our next round of workshops.
What happens next
You can expect:
- A warm welcome to new members
- A respectful and confidential space
- A relaxed atmosphere
- Constructive challenging
- Friendly staff
- The choice to be involved or not
- Awareness of physical and emotional sensations
- Coping strategies and therapy activities
If you need a confidential chat, staff can be available for a one-to-one session in a separate private space away from the main group. If you feel the workshops aren't right for you, we'll suggest some other services that can help meet your needs.