About this service
METRO Walnut is a peer support group for LGBTQ people with prostate cancer. We meet twice a month, on the 1st Saturday of the month online and then on the 3rd Saturday of the month face-to-face, at our new venue in New Cross southeast London, both are from 2pm to 4pm. Please check for seasonal changes due to bank holidays.
It's a safe and confidential space for you and your partner(s) to talk about what's going on in your life. You can ask questions, share your experiences and get support from people who are also dealing with prostate cancer.
COVID-19 UPDATE: Our once monthly online meetings have moved to Zoom and will continue meet into the future. Our once monthly face-to-face meetings restarted from August 2021. We look forward to resuming face to face services, but will review them as appropriate.
Who can use this service
You need to identify as LGBTQ and be affected by prostate cancer. This could be you or someone close to you. You also need to be able to travel to our meetings in London or access the internet for our Zoom meetings.
Why people use this service
- I don't have anyone to talk to about my problems
- I'm worried about how people will react
- I want to talk in a safe space for LGBTQ people
- I don't know anyone else who has prostate cancer
- I'm struggling to cope with my treatment
How we can help
- Meet new people and get support
- Feel more confident about your decisions
- Friendly, non-judgemental and confidential
Get in touch
Email [email protected] or call our community team on 020 8305 5000.
You can read more about the group on the LGBT Walnut website.