We work with the NHS, local councils, schools and other organisations
- National Youth Chances Project - with the University of Greenwich and Ergo Consulting
- GMI Partnership - with Positive East and Spectra, led by METRO
- Knowledge Transfer Partnership - with the University of Greenwich
- SASH Partnership - with Turning Point (lead), London Friend, NAZ and Marie Stopes
- HIV Prevention England (HPE) - Local Delivery Partner for HIV testing and promotion to African communities METRO leads on MSM HIV Prevention work across London through the GMI Partnership
- London HIV Prevention Programme (PLHPP) - with four other agencies working to prevent HIV infection amongst MSM across London
- Kent/Medway Community Reference Group - working with 12 individuals and agencies to support LGBT people in Kent and Medway
- London LGBT Asylum Seekers Project - with Michael Bell Associates and Praxis
- Ukraine Peer Mentoring Project - working with AIDS Alliance Ukraine to roll out peer mentoring in Kiev, Odessa, Donetsk, and Krivoy Rog
- Medway Healthwatch and Transition Advice Partnership - working with Medway CAB, Sunshine Foundation and Ethnic Communities Forum
- Greenwich Healthwatch - working with Greenwich Action on Voluntary Services (GAVS)
- CASH/METRO Partnership (CMP) - working with Oxleas Contraception and Reproductive Health services, NHS Greenwich and local GPs
- Positive East
- University of Greenwich
- London Friend
- Aids Alliance Ukraine
- Catholics for AIDS Prevention and Support (CAPS)
- The Courtyard Clinic at St George's Hospital
- Outhouse East
- Central London Community Healthcare NHS Trust (CLCH)
We provide services for NHS Trusts in London and the South East:
- HIV prevention
- HIV and STI testing
- Adult counselling
- Youth counselling
- Weekly drop-in
- Crisis counselling
- LGBT youth groups
- Schools liaison and outreach
- African holistic health screening
- Smoking cessation
- Mystery shopping
- Chlamydia screening
- Screening clinics in general practice
- Condom distribution schemes
- Education and training
- Resource development
- Needs assessments and other research
- Capacity building
We have been the principal South London provider of chlamydia screening services shortly after beginning to screen for a consortium formed of its local boroughs (Greenwich, Bexley and Bromley) in 2008.
Our approach combines outreach in public settings, schools and youth groups, which enables us to reach a range of young people and hard to reach communities. We are proud of our thorough, informative and caring approach to this important area of health care.
We work with the local Contraception and Sexual Health (CASH) service to provide full, open access sexual health and contraception services at GP surgeries in Greenwich.
Our expertise and 7-year history in providing sexual health services in the community ensures that these clinics are young people friendly, fully accessible and respond to the needs of local communities.
The GMI Partnership brings together three leading statutory and voluntary organisations in London to provide an integrated and interpersonal HIV prevention service for men who have sex with men. The Partnership is METRO, Positive East and Spectra. We employ over 50 staff and 125 volunteers. We have over 50 years' experience of:
- developing, delivering and evaluating HIV prevention and sexual health promotion services targeting men who have sex with men;
- recruiting, inducting, placing, training and supporting hundreds of volunteers;
- working collaboratively to achieve health outcomes for men who have sex with men;
- working strategically to balance cost-effective service delivery and quality standards; and
- significant experience in counselling, outreach and detached work and other areas including advocacy, capacity building, training, group work and clinical services.
Working under the London HIV Prevention Programme, we provide one to one short, medium and long interventions, HIV testing and condoms to men across London.
Freedoms Shop works with GMI Partnership to offer sexual health products and advice online.
GMI Partnership Health Trainers are often the first point of contact for men on issues related to sexual health and HIV prevention. We work in venues across London, including bars, clubs, saunas, clinics and special events like Black Pride or World Aids Day.
Our health trainers work with men to help them decide how they manage their sexual health, helping them to have the kind of sex they want to have. Men might talk to a trainer if they want to know about:
- STIs and safer sex practices
- Getting an HIV test (when they should take a test, where they can have one done or why they might want to test)
- Counselling to talk about issues around risks they take with sex
Department of Health
We are a local delivery partner in HIV Prevention England, the Department of Health's HIV prevention programme in England which is led by Terrence Higgins Trust.
Department for International Development
In Ukraine, we ran HIV training sponsored by the Department for International Development. We worked with Aids Alliance to provide the MetroSafe programme in Kiev, Odessa, Donetsk and Krivoy Rog.
We help councils in their equality work on sexuality and gender. We also deliver HIV prevention and support services, youth work, mental health services and work related to hate crime. We've worked with councils since 1984. We currently work with councils in London, Essex, Kent and Medway.
In Greenwich, we run a scheme providing free condoms for young people. Over 5000 young people have registered with this service.
In Kent and Medway, we developed a weekly LGBT surgery in Margate, formed an LGBT Community Reference Group and researched the mental health needs of LGBT people in Kent. We also worked with the Terrence Higgins Trust to deliver HIV prevention services to gay and bisexual men.
We train teachers and staff in how to support LGBT young people and respond to homophobic, biphobic and transphobic bullying.