We need volunteer counsellors in the second year of training or beyond who want to work with LGBTQ people and people affected by HIV.
METRO runs a number of free and low-fee one-to-one counselling services. We are especially keen to recruit volunteer counsellors to provide counselling for adults living with HIV in Croydon, Kingston, Richmond, Sutton, Merton, Wandsworth, Vauxhall, Colchester, Harlow and Chelmsford and counselling for LGBTQ young people and adults in Greenwich.
We are looking for volunteers:
- About to start or in their second year or beyond of a diploma course, or higher, in counselling/psychotherapy. We will consider first year students who can demonstrate relevant mental health experience or skills transferable to the role
- Undertaking a BACP accredited or UKCP approved training course, or with membership of either organisation
- With understanding of issues affecting people living with HIV and those who identify as LGBTQ
- Who can commit to seeing at least three counselling clients a week for two years
- LGBTQ and HIV awareness training
- A safe, friendly and collaborative work environment
- Regular, high-quality, free clinical supervision
- Line management supervision
- CPD opportunities through in-house training and external speakers
Get in touch
For more information contact our Natalie Wood or Lisa Hayter by email or calling on 020 8305 5009.
Completed applications should be returned by email.